Area of expertise
- Property & Development
- Major Projects
- Resources Management
Partner LLB, MCRP, Part 1 and Part 2 Solicitors Qualifying Exams – England and Wales
phone +61 3 8687 7309
Michael heads the property law practice in our Melbourne office.
With qualifications in both law and town planning, Michael has over 30 years’ property experience.
His extensive experience includes acting for government organisations, large construction companies, financiers, infrastructure project management companies and property developers in projects across the retail, hospitality, alpine, water, gas, viticulture and telecommunications industries.
Michael has advised ALDI supermarkets on the acquisition and development of distribution centres and Woolworths on the development of multi-use centres in metropolitan Melbourne.
Michael was the principal draftsperson of the Ski Field leases for Falls Creek and Mt Buller. He has previously advised the Victorian Minister for Sustainability and Environment on appointments to alpine boards of management.
Michael’s water industry experience includes developing water supply and transport agreements for rural agribusiness, and iconic water re-use and conservation projects such as the waste water recycling project at Mount Hotham. Finalist: Banksia awards for water conservation.
Significant recent experience
- Acted for Woolworths in the development of multi-use (retail and residential) centers in Heidelberg and North Melbourne
- Acted for ALDI in the planning, acquisition and development of the distribution center in Lyndhurst
- Acted for Abacus in the due diligence and acquisition of the property at 484 St Kilda Rd
- Principal advisor for Mt Hotham Management Board in proposed $500 million redevelopment of Hotham Village comprising realignment of the Great Alpine Road, construction of an icon Bale development, 432 apartments and branded luxury hotel, and additional retail space
- Advising the Department of Education & Early Childhood Development in program for disposal of surplus schools project (approximate value $2 billion) including the sale and tender of surplus school sites.
July 19, 2017
Introduction Whether described as commission sharing, referral or consultancy agreement, real estate agents and other unlicensed persons in Victoria who wish…Continue reading
- Hong Kong Australia Business Association
- Urban Development Institute Australia