Area of expertise
- Property & Development
- Commercial and retail leasing
- Master Planned Communities
- Property acquisitions & disposals
- Transit-oriented developments
Partner LLB, BComBnkgFin, GradDipLegPrac, GradCertUEstM
phone +61 2 4911 5492
Fiona is a senior property and commercial lawyer with significant experience in NSW and Queensland, having worked in top-tier private practice and as General Counsel for a major property development corporation.
Known for her commercial and pragmatic approach, Fiona has demonstrated credentials in managing major projects. Her extensive property development and transactional experience spans acquisitions and disposals, retail and commercial leasing, staged and mixed-use developments and master planned communities.
As General Counsel for Australia’s largest master planned community, Greater Springfield, Fiona gained extensive in-house knowledge and expertise in the development sector, plus a unique understanding of the client-lawyer relationship. This in-depth understanding ensures her clients receive effective, timely and commercially astute advice.
Fiona is the former Deputy Chair of the Property Council of Australia’s Hunter Future Directions Committee.
The 2020 edition of renowned legal directory The Legal 500 notes our Property team as having ‘considerable expertise and knowledge in property/leasing issues and are responsive especially when there are strict time frames’ and ‘The team is extremely knowledgeable, efficient and good value’.
Fiona’s experience includes:
- Advising a higher education client on all aspects of its acquisition and proposed master planned campus development of two hectares of prime land, and on its acquisition and sale of various parcels of land.
- Acting for a prominent property development group on its acquisitions of future development sites within the Hunter region and advising in relation to all property, development and strata issues.
- Assisting and advising commercial and government clients on leasing portfolios within NSW, Qld and Victoria.
- Advising clients on sales, acquisitions, leasing and protection of title in relation to government funding arrangements.
April 16, 2020
The NSW and Queensland Governments have pledged a combined $840 million in land tax relief for landlords that are financially impacted…Continue reading
April 16, 2020
The NSW Minister for Planning and Public Spaces announced on 10 April 2020 how the NSW Government plans to implement a fast-track…Continue reading
April 23, 2020
The SA Parliament has passed regulations to define those instances under the COVID-19 Emergency Response Act 2020 (the COVID Act) which…Continue reading
- Hunter Business Women's Network
- Law Society of NSW
- Law Society of Tasmania
- Property Council of Australia – Hunter Regional Committee member and former Deputy Chair of the Hunter Future Directions Committee
- Queensland Law Society
- Strata Community Association (NSW)
- Urban Land Institute