Area of expertise
- Property & Development
- Commercial, retail and industrial leasing
- Commercial property acquisitions and disposals
Partner LLB, BBus
phone +61 3 8399 6151
David specialises in property law. Prior to joining Moray & Agnew, he practised for over seven years in one of Australia’s largest international law firms.
David’s practice has a strong focus on retail, commercial and industrial leasing. He has worked with some of Australia’s largest landlord and tenant companies across all jurisdictions.
He also has significant experience in property acquisition and disposal, having worked on numerous high profile transactions in multiple jurisdictions across Australia.
David has been ranked in the peer-reviewed Best Lawyers® in Australia reports published annually by the Australian Financial Review since 2019.
The 2020 edition of renowned legal directory The Legal 500 notes our Property team as having ‘considerable expertise and knowledge in property/leasing issues and are responsive especially when there are strict time frames’ and ‘The team is extremely knowledgeable, efficient and good value’. David is commended for being ‘able to undertake protracted negotiations and deliver many leases under these circumstances’.
- Drafting and negotiating retail, commercial and industrial leases across all Australian jurisdictions for a number of major corporate landlord and tenant clients
- Acting as lead lawyer in connection with shopping centre leasing across Australia for some of Australia’s largest landlord companies
- Managing national leasing portfolios for some of Australia’s major banks
- Providing legal and commercial advice to key clients on property / leasing issues, including advice under Victorian, New South Wales and West Australian retail legislation
- Precedent creation for clients including full suites of lease documents and correspondence
- Extensive experience in due diligence work, including industrial parks, retail shopping centres and CBD office buildings
- Acquisition and disposal experience across all jurisdictions in Australia.
April 24, 2020
On 23 April 2020, the Victorian Government introduced the COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) Bill (COVID Bill) (along with other related legislation)…Continue reading
- Large Format Retail Association
- Law Institute of Victoria