Area of expertise
- Construction & Infrastructure
Special Counsel B.Eng, Dip Law, LLM
phone +61 2 4911 5423
Dan is a lawyer and civil engineer with almost 20 years’ practical experience in construction and law. He advises contractors, suppliers, consultants, developers and owners on civil, building, engineering, infrastructure and mining projects.
Dan’s civil engineering background and hands on experience allows him to quickly familiarise himself with complicated construction related matters.
Dan also holds a Master of Laws from University of Melbourne and is a qualified adjudicator under the Security of Payment legislation in New South Wales and Queensland. He regularly assists claimants and respondents bring and defend claims under the Security of Payment legislation.
Dan provides practical advice on all aspects of construction law from contract review and preparation to claims advice and all forms of dispute resolution.
The 2020 edition of renowned legal directory The Legal 500 notes our Construction team as ‘Responsive, pragmatic, commercial, and true expertise’ and offering ‘Technical expertise balanced with pragmatic commercial drafting and solutions’.
- Advising on a multi-million dollar contractual dispute being resolved via international arbitration
- Advising on the contractual issues and dispute resolution arising under most standard form contracts including GC21
- Advising on contractual matters relating to the construction of mining infrastructure in New South Wales
- Conducting arbitration proceedings arising out of the construction of a pipeline in Queensland
- Defending and bringing claims, and conducting Court proceedings, in relation to the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (NSW) 1999 (and the relevant legislation in Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia).
- Australian Institute of Project Management
- Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia
- Society of Construction Law Australia