Area of expertise
- Construction & Infrastructure
Special Counsel LLB (Hons I), B.Arch
phone +61 2 4911 5428
Christopher advises contractors, developers, architects and other professionals on various tendering, contract, security of payment, home warranty, contract administration and claims management issues. He prepares bespoke contracts and amended forms of Australian Standard contracts, and has extensive PPP, D&C, EPC and EPCM experience.
Christopher is registered as both an architect and a lawyer, with over 15 years’ experience as a front-end projects lawyer and over 20 years’ experience as an architect.
Prior to joining Moray & Agnew, Christopher worked in the Projects Group at Allens Linklaters where he was involved in complex front-end multibillion dollar public and private infrastructure projects using various contracting and funding structures. He also worked in the Projects Group at King & Wood Mallesons where he was involved in everything from back-end dispute work to front-end multibillion dollar PPP road projects.
The 2020 edition of renowned legal directory The Legal 500 notes our Construction team as ‘Responsive, pragmatic, commercial, and true expertise’ and offering ‘Technical expertise balanced with pragmatic commercial drafting and solutions’.
- Eight month secondment as senior legal counsel to Samsung C&T, the contractor on the $7 billion EPC contract for the development of WA’s Roy Hill iron ore project, including advising on the complex commercial negotiations with the mine owners and their financiers as well as the management and administration of the subcontracts
- Four month secondment as in-house counsel to Whittens, the earthworks and concrete contractor on the Carrapateena mine project in SA, including preparing project management manuals and advising on complex delay, variation and security of payment claims
- Advised on the state and Commonwealth funding, design and construction of the Lake Macquarie Transport Interchange and expansion of the Awaba Waste Management Facility
- Advised on the development of an industrial-scale recycled water treatment plant and subsequent purchase of related membrane and filtration goods and services
- Advised on the design and construction of an industrial scale vehicle wash plant and wastewater treatment facility
- Advised Transport for NSW on the construction of the South West Rail Link, Auburn Stabling Yard and Epping to Thornleigh Third Track Bridge
- Advised Aquasure on all legal issues associated with its successful bid to design, construct, operate and maintain the Victorian Desalination Plant ($4.5 billion) and the subsequent delivery of the project
- Advised the BP Solar, FRV & Pacific Hydro Consortium on the $1 billion EPC contract for the development of a 150MW photovoltaic solar farm at Moree, the largest solar farm in the southern hemisphere.
- Prepared the pro forma client and architect agreement for use by members of the Association of Consulting Architects (ACA), and regular presenter on topical matters to the ACA.
- Adjudicator - security of payment matters
- Australian Institute of Architects - Senior Counsellor Service Member
- Fellow - Australian Institute of Architects
- Hunter Business Chamber
- Law Society of NSW