Corporate & Business
Moray & Agnew has developed a strong market reputation in corporate law, providing comprehensive services to a wide range of clients.
Our national corporate law practice is centred in Newcastle, and we have a strong presence in Melbourne.
Over 20 professionals in our Newcastle office and five professionals in Melbourne provide a full range of corporate legal services to jurisdictions across Australia. Many of our practitioners have nationally recognised capabilities and credentials in their fields.
We adopt a team approach to servicing corporate client needs, ensuring that the right practitioner is assigned to service the specific needs of the client. We regularly liaise with our client’s financial advisers, accountants and other legal providers to deliver tailor made strategic solutions.
Our corporate services and capabilities span:
- Corporate governance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Capital raisings
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Business succession
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
- Business structuring including establishment and demobilizing of companies, joint ventures, partnerships, trusts etc
- Regulatory compliance, risk management, asset protection and legal audit
- Supply and service arrangements including drafting and reviewing supply and distribution terms and conditions
- Personal Property Securities law
- Competition and consumer law
- Development and commercialisation of intellectual property
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights including, trade marks, copyright, confidential information, trade secrets and privacy
- Protection of intellectual property through registration of brands and logos
- Mining law
- Liquor licensing.
'Technical expertise balanced with pragmatic commercial drafting and solutions’
Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2020