Area of expertise
- Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Insolvency & Debt Recovery
- Competition & Consumer Law
- Intellectual Property
Partner LLB, BA, LLM, Dip Prac Leg
phone +61 2 4911 5427
Jenny joined Moray & Agnew in 2007 having worked for a university and in private practice over the last 20 years.
Jenny’s commercial litigation and dispute resolution experience includes injunctive relief, trade practices, equity, defamation, insolvency, administrative and environmental law.
Jenny consistently achieves excellent results for her clients illustrated through the following examples:
- Successfully resolving major intellectual property disputes through mediation processes, thereby avoiding ongoing protracted and costly litigation
- Conducting a large litigation action where major oil companies were involved in disputing a multi-million dollar government claim for excise in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- Advising and conducting Federal Court litigation in misleading and deceptive conduct and comparative advertising in Makita (Australia) Pty Limited v Black & Decker (Australasia) Pty Limited (1990) 18 IPR 270.
After seven years with a mid-tier Sydney firm, Jenny was a Lecturer in civil litigation with the University of Newcastle Law School for 12 years, where she held positions of Assistant Dean and Director, Professional Program. At the University Legal Centre, she advised in public interest cases including the family of Cornelia Rau in its submission to the Commonwealth Inquiry.
In her academic career, Jenny was also Program Convenor of the LLB / Diploma of Legal Practice and co-ordinated numerous courses and seminars, including for the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Jenny has been widely published in the areas of professional legal education and civil practice and procedure.
- Hunter Business Women's Network
- Law Society of NSW
- Newcastle Law Society
- Women in Building and Associated Services
- Women Lawyers Association of NSW