Insolvency & Reconstruction
Insolvency and Debt Recovery is a highly specialised area of practice.
We offer substantial expertise in advising insolvency practitioners and key stakeholders on all aspects of personal and corporate insolvency.
Our team is experienced in the full spectrum of personal and corporate insolvency work. We assist insolvency practitioners, including liquidators, administrators, receivers and bankruptcy trustees, as well as creditors and key stakeholders.
We advise on all issues that may arise in an insolvent administration – from initial action, investigation, asset realisation and recovery through to distribution to creditors and matters arising after the conclusion of the administration.
With vastly experienced litigators, our team is well-versed in pursuing, through litigation, the recovery of voidable transactions, including transactions defrauding creditors, unreasonable director-related transactions and preferences, and misfeasance claims against directors and company officers.
- Substantial recoveries of bankrupts’ assets including real property and unlawful dispositions of money
- Advising administrators on issues relating to risks of trading, indemnities and deeds of company arrangement
- Public examinations of directors, officers and bankrupts
- High-level investigation in corporate and personal insolvencies.
What we offer:
- High-level litigation experience
- Advice that is commercial and solutions-focused
- Service from highly experienced professionals fully conversant with the Bankruptcy Act and Corporations Act
- With the bulk of our team based in Newcastle, we are genuinely able to offer clients a lower cost alternative, without compromising quality or outcomes.
Peter Utiger is recommended by clients for being “accessible and knowledgeable.”
Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2012