Corporate & Business
Moray & Agnew has developed a strong market reputation in corporate law, providing comprehensive services to a wide range of clients.
Our national corporate law practice is centred in Newcastle, and we have a strong presence in Melbourne.
Over 20 professionals in our Newcastle office and five professionals in Melbourne provide a full range of corporate legal services to jurisdictions across Australia. Many of our practitioners have nationally recognised capabilities and credentials in their fields.
We adopt a team approach to servicing corporate client needs, ensuring that the right practitioner is assigned to service the specific needs of the client. We regularly liaise with our client’s financial advisers, accountants and other legal providers to deliver tailor made strategic solutions.
Our corporate services and capabilities entail:
- Corporate governance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Capital raisings
- Restructuring and insolvency advice
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
- Business structuring advice including establishment and demobilizing of companies, joint ventures, partnerships, trusts etc
- Advice regarding regulatory compliance, risk management, asset protection and legal audit
- Supply and service arrangements including drafting and reviewing supply and distribution terms and conditions
- Personal Property Securities Reform
- Competition and consumer law including
- The establishment, relocation, acquisition and sale of businesses and franchises and identifying and managing risks to the assets of businesses and franchises
- Banking and finance
- Development and commercialisation of intellectual property
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights including, trade marks, copyright, confidential information, trade secrets and privacy
- Protection of intellectual property through registration of brands and logos
- Assisting innovative enterprises including capital raisings, corporate governance and commercialisation of intellectual property, products and services
- Mining law
- Estate planning and business succession
- Liquor licensing and gaming.
“We are very proud to partner with Moray & Agnew in providing legal assistance to the most vulnerable members of the community. Moray & Agnew provides lawyers to North Melbourne Legal Service on a pro bono basis to help disadvantaged members of the community and the firm plays a key role in making the justice system accessible. Moray & Agnew lawyers are characterised by the highest standards of excellence, professionalism and commitment."
Khoi Cao-Lam, Executive Officer, Inner Melbourne Community Legal
Time to give back